If you are unhappy with the appearance of your skin, our oral surgeons may recommend a chemical peel. This cosmetic treatment works to smooth and clear your skin, improving your appearance by rejuvenating your skin.
Chemical peels are a highly effective and non-invasive treatment used to slow the aging process and restore blemished, wrinkled or unevenly pigmented skin. By applying specific chemicals to the skin, we can peel away the top layer of your skin to trigger the healing process. This causes new skin cells to form, giving you brighter, clearer, smoother and tighter skin. This treatment can usually be completed in under an hour.
- Alphahydroxy Acid (AHA) Peels – AHA peels are mild chemical peels typically used to reduce the appearance of fine lines, smooth rough skin and produce a more even skin tone.
- Betahydroxy Acid (BHA) Peels – BHA peels are often used to treat acne-prone skin and provide a slightly deeper chemical peel with longer-lasting results. BHA peels are also considered a mild resurfacing treatment.
- Jessner’s Peel – This type of peel is a combination of several ingredients and is slightly stronger than both AHA and BHA formulas. Jessner’s peels are often used for skin that is too damaged to be treated with an AHA peel but does not require a deep treatment.
- Trichloracetic Acid (TCA) Peels – TCA peels are medium-strength chemical peels and are used to treat a variety of conditions, including sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles, and acne scarring.
- Phenol Peel – Phenol peels are designed to treat skin imperfections, deep wrinkles and precancerous growths. This formula works more deeply than most other peels and will usually require an hour or two in our office. The use of anesthesia during the procedure is also recommended.
We will meet with you before providing treatment to determine the best type of peel for your desires and skin type, as well as provide you with pre-and post-procedure instructions.
To schedule your appointment with Dr. Cho, Dr. Hammoudeh, Dr. Kim, Dr. Odono, Dr. Tung, Dr. Urata or Dr. Yip and learn more about chemical peels in Glendale, Arcadia, Mission Hills, Newhall and Pasadena, California, please contact our office today.