Dr. Cho, Dr. Hammoudeh, Dr. Kim, Dr. Odono, Dr. Tung, Dr. Urata and Dr. Yip offer oral and maxillofacial pathology. Oral and maxillofacial pathology is designed to diagnose specific problems in your mouth so that we can create customized treatment plans that meet your needs. There are many diseases which can develop in the mouth and affect your teeth, gums, jaw and other orofacial structures. Oral pathology identifies these conditions so that we can provide treatments that prevent significant damage from occurring.
When you come to Pacific Coast Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, we will thoroughly examine your mouth to check for any abnormalities that may be symptoms of a pathologic disease, such as oral cancer, salivary gland disorders, mumps and odontogenic infection. If we see any signs of these or other conditions, our oral surgeons will begin the process of diagnosing the pathology. Some of the diagnostic techniques we may use include X-rays, microscopic examinations, biochemical examinations and taking tissue samples for further analysis.
We recommend that you visit us for oral pathology if you notice any of the following signs:
- Hoarseness or a chronic sore throat
- Sores in or around the mouth, lips, face or neck that bleed easily and that do not heal within two weeks
- Difficulty or pain when chewing and swallowing
- Lumps or thickening in the skin lining inside the mouth
- Red, white or speckled patches in the mouth
- Changes in your bite or in the fit of oral appliances, such as dentures
Contact us today to schedule your appointment with our oral surgeons and learn more about oral and maxillofacial pathology in Glendale, Arcadia, Mission Hills, Newhall and Pasadena, California.